Driven by our research; guided by our partner schools
‘Superb session all round. The Level 3 report is brilliant too!’ Bishop’s Stortford
‘An invaluable day, best CPD I have ever been on’ Brighton
‘Very, well organised, great resources, great speakers – extremely thorough. Thank you very much for inviting me’ Bradford
‘Fantastic, kept me fully engaged even though it had a lot of focus on data.’ London 1
‘Great presenters, very innovative and informative sessions. Sean McMahon’s session will probably save me thousands in sixth form funding…’ Bradford
‘I would strongly recommend this course to all head teachers – and couldn’t recommend the Level 3 report highly enough. It is a game changer for post-16 performance analysis!’ Plymouth
‘Really concise and clear breakdown of difficult subjects. Wish I had taken this course last year. The venue (Said Business School, University of Oxford) magnificent’ Oxford
‘Very, very knowledgeable speakers with lots of research to back up their arguments. The ability to field wide ranges of questions with ease was very impressive and much appreciated’ London 2
‘I will be contacting you for further ideas/help/advice. A thoroughly useful INSET – fabulous – thanks’ London 2
‘Thank you for saving me weeks wading thorough all the confusing EFA guidance.’ Plymouth
‘I went to the EFA briefing and came away even more confused! More questions than answers. This training event thoroughly plugged all the gaps in my knowledge – see you next year!’ London
‘Great venue; great lunch; great session. Many thanks to you all.’ Birmingham
‘This day really exceeded all my expectations. Good, well-designed sessions and two extremely well informed speakers who fielded all questions well. Thank you.’ Bristol
‘Great to hear someone speaking ‘human’ and in a way schools understand on funding issues…’ Cramlington
‘Excellent all round – and adding in a free British Library tour was a nice touch’ London 2013
‘The ability to view our own data reports and use them as part of the working session on performance was excellent’ Manchester
‘Really enjoyed the session working with our own quality data…. opened my eyes’ Leeds 2013
‘By some distance the best funding session I have attended’ London 2013
In 2016/7 we provided training to over 1200 school, LA and college representatives. From our highly regarded, over-subscribed regional events to 1-2-1 support in your institution, we provide a range of training and support options on funding, data and performance.
2016-17 training has taken the form of:
- In-school training visits
- Consortia training
- Training School led events for wider groups of schools
- Local Authority wide training
- Regional training events.
Principal training areas have included:
- Post-16 quality and performance
- Understanding sixth form performance data (including L3 value Added)
- Sixth form data and funding maximisation.
Sixth Form Performance – L3 Results Analysis – INSET
- Production of a comprehensive performance report for your school -based on the national data.
- Working with subject teams and/or heads of department in the use of the subject reports to inform your analysis and support development.
Working with sixth form managers to interrogate the report and identify issues relating to performance, including: outcomes, effectiveness and provision.
- Analysis of the report data to provide a written summary of performance
- This can be undertaken within a single centre, or a group of centres
Sixth form Funding & Funding data – INSET
- Diagnosis of issues in your data negatively impacting funding.
- In-school working sessions addressing issues leading to reduced funding and developing strategies to address those (Incl curriculum design, recruitment, retention and data recording).
- Suitable for Head Teachers/Head of Sixth/Business Manager and Data/Exams Officers. Modelled on our popular sixth form funding and funding data masterclasses.
- This can be undertaken within a single centre, or a group of centres.
Newly Opening Sixth Forms – INSET
- Designed in conjunction with a number of new sixth forms, these intensive whole day events combine both our performance and funding INSETs in one holistic programme.
- Designed to get new teams in new sixth forms up to speed quickly with all aspects of Government’s use of funding and performance data – with specific focus on Ofsted and the Education Funding Agency (EFA).
- Additional focus on curriculum planning, funding-data pitfalls, target setting and performance analysis.