Sixth Form Funding & Funding Data Master Classes, 2022
This last two academic years has seen the roll out of changes to the National Rate, learning hours, Programme Weighting, the introduction of a High Value Course Premium and a new L3 Maths & English additional payment. There have also been a number of Covid 19 related adjustments.
To explain the changes, and the effective data management of them, our highly regarded Sixth Form Funding & Funding Data Masterclass will now run as half-day online sessions three times annually.
The Masterclass programme is designed to give you a comprehensive insight – and multiple tips for maximising the funding your centre is entitled to.
Part 1: Understanding & Maximising Your Sixth Form’s Funding
- How the funding will work and has changed in 2020/22. Including the new learning hours requirements.
- How your curriculum, intake, retention, learner age and re-takes impact funding.
- Sixth-form/sixth form class sizes and issues of viability.
- Premiums in the funding: Disadvantage, ALS, the Retention Factor, Large Programme funding top-up.
- Penalties in the funding: post-Census recruits, Level 2 Conditionality, the Retention Rate.
- Embracing the super flexible funding options for both qualification and non-qualification activity.
- **Additional funding for technical routes; NEW programme weighting funding and NEW premium funded courses**.
Part 2: Optimise Your Sixth Form Funding Claim
- A complementary analysis of your last four years of sixth form funding data will be provided
- How the sixth form data you present to the ESFA acts as your invoice.
- Where and how up to 50% of sixth forms under-claim or lose funding annually.
- Planning and recording qualification and non-qualification activity.
- Accurately recording in-year changes and maximising retention.
- What to do if my data or funding is wrong: business appeal cases.
*We will also be explaining the BREXIT and Covid related changes that have been introduced*
Head Teachers/Principals and SLT: Strategic overview of policy and funding horizon for 2022/3.
Head of Sixth: Confidence that your curriculum, structure, recruitment and retention are funding compliant
Bursar/Business Manager: Confidence that, operationally, your centre is earning and claiming accurate and optimum funding
Data/Exams Officer: Confidence that your October return and funding related data in the Census is accurate and ESFA compliant.
(Traditionally a management and data colleague will attend)
“Guys – just a short note to say thank you for the training session in Leeds. My post event follow-up has unearthed £67,886 of data errors we have now cracked!” Business Manager
“Basically, we didn’t know what we were doing – and we must of lost thousands because of it. This course massively brought that home and changed the whole way we ran our sixth form.” Assistant Headteacher – Head of Sixth Form
“By some distance, the best funding training I have ever been on.” Headteacher