Driven by our research; guided by our partner schools
We Have A Simple Goal That Drives Our Support Offer….
“Helping schools & colleges use accurate data to maximise both their performance insight and funding entitlement. In doing so, support them to achieve the best possible outcomes for their learners.”
Oxford Analytics – a very short history
Oxford Analytics exclusively serves the education sector. We began life at Oxford University’s Centre for Innovation and our roots are in the fields of ‘Big Data and ‘Open Data’. Our ground breaking work on education data was cited in the Government’s first White Paper on Open Data. Today, after four years, we support over 600 schools and colleges. Last year we worked with partner schools and colleges on three key areas:
- Data protection and cyber-security.
- Performance data: support for performance analysis and target setting.
- Business data: support for school funding and funding data.
Data Protection & Security
We process millions of lines of education and school funding data annually. We have spent considerable time and resources on data security and preparing for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance – in an education context. In September 2017, we formed a dedicated, multidisciplinary team to support schools with GDPR compliance and wider issues concerning cyber and data security. This aims to help schools effectively respond to GDPR – in a time and cost effective manner.
Who do we work with?
Oxford Analytics is part of the Department for Education’s Analytical Pool and we provide analysis and support to the Department.
We also support:
– Schools, academies, academy groups, colleges and apprenticeship providers across the UK
– Public bodies involved in shaping, planning and funding the education and skills system, including: the DfE: Education Funding Agency (EFA); Skills Funding Agency (SFA); the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS); the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS); and Cabinet Office.
– Other prominent public organisations: The European Union; The London Mayor’s Office, The Irish Government.
– A range of private sector clients engaged in education initiatives, including: Pearsons, Manchester United FC; Crossrail; Whitbread; the Co-operative.
We are an independent organisation. All our staff and associates come from a school or college background and we work with the latest technologies in the fields of data intelligence, analytics, cyber security and much more. To discuss your needs, feel free to contact us and talk to one of the team at email@example.com.
Oxford Analytics Research
Our research portfolio in 2017-18 will include:
- Digital technologies and data protection in schools.
- The cyber threat and schools.
- Intelligent target setting.
- Economics of education and skills.
- Funding data errors and school revenue.
- Big Data: what do the combined national data sets really say about your school